NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a Anime’s New Video Reveals More Staff
On Sunday, a new “Promotion File 008” video was released on the official NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a website, the television anime adaptation of the NieR:Automata action role-playing game from Square Enix and Platinum Games. The anime’s January 7 launch as well as other crew members are revealed in the trailer, which emphasises the action sequences starring 2B and 9S. NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a Anime’s New Video Reveals More Staff, January 7 Debut.
The recently announced employees consist of:
- Shun Tachibana oversees the action and designs the props (Key Animation, My Senpai Is Annoying)
- CG Masaki Inada is an action and blender supervisor (3DCG Animator, The God of High School)
- Takahiro Kawakoshi (Episode Director, Aikatsu!, Btooom!) oversees the use of the blender.
- Work in 2D: Mie Hiraga
- Ken’ichi Kaneko, military research (Military Supervision, GATE)
- Hiroshi Kat is the art director (Gurren Lagann, He Is My Master)
- Hirofumi Sakagami is the artist (Shadows House, Visual Prison)
- Artist: Totonyan
- Takeyuki Takahashi, artist (Higurashi: When They Cry – GOU)
- Artist of the Color Key: Takahiro Mogi (Golden Kamuy)
- Yuusuke Noma is the CG director (Hypnosis Mic -Division Rap Battle- Rhyme Anima)
- Takeshi Kawa (Gekij-ban Utano Princess Maji Love STRISH Tours) is the sub-CG director.
- Toshiaki Aoshima is the compositing director of photography (Lycoris Recoil)
- Akinori Mishima is the editor (86, Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War)
- Director of Sound: Yukio Nagasaki (Orange, One Piece Film Z)
On January 7 at 24:00, the anime will make its television debut on the Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, and BS11 stations (effectively, January 8 at midnight or January 7 at 10:00 a.m. EST). Later, it will air on additional TV stations. Beginning on January 7, the animation will also be available in Japan on DMM TV and dAnime Store, and on additional streaming platforms beginning on January 10. On December 28 at 8:00 p.m. JST (6:00 a.m. EST), there will also be a special live-streamed show on Aniplex’s YouTube channel where the cast and crew will reveal fresh details.
The actors in the anime include:
- 2B Yui Ishikawa
- As 9S, Natsuki Hanae
- Pod 042 is Hiroki Yasumoto.
- Akiyama Kaoru as Pod 153
- Commander Chiaki Kanou
- Operator 60 is Keiko Isobe.
- Operational 210 is Meari Hatsumi.
- As Pascal, Aoi Yki
- As Adam, Daisuke Namikawa
- As Eve, Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- Atsumi Tanezaki plays Lily and Ayaka Suwa plays A2.
The anime is being directed by Ryouji Masuyama (Blend S, Hello WeGo!) at A-1 Pictures, and Masuyama is also in charge of the series composition with Yok Tar from the original game. The characters are being created by Jun Nakai, who is also the main animator. The music is being written by MONACA.
The narrative of the game is as follows, according to Square Enix:
The androids 2B, 9S, and A2 fight to regain the machine-driven dystopia that has been taken over by strong machines in NieR:Automata.
Mechanical creatures from another planet have expelled humanity from the Earth. The human resistance deploys a squad of android troops to kill the invaders in a last-ditch bid to retake the planet. Currently, a conflict between robots and androids is raging. A conflict that could soon reveal a long-forgotten truth about the universe.
- In February 2017, the PlayStation 4 version of NieR:Automata was released in Japan.
- In March 2017, it was released in North America and Europe.
- In March 2017 and June 2018, respectively, Square Enix launched the game for the PC through Steam and the Xbox One.
For October 6, the game on the Nintendo Switch was released. Over 7 million copies of the game have been sold via digital downloads and physical shipments combined.