The Medicine Seller Arrives in Mononoke Stage
For a forthcoming performance that will be held in Tokyo in February 2023, the principal cast and crew have been announced.
The forthcoming stage production Mononoke Bakeneko, based on the TV anime Mononoke and Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales, about a mysterious medicine vendor battling evil forces in Edo period Japan, has unveiled a new key image, the main cast, and the primary team.
Aoi Tsukimori wrote the play’s screenplay, while Jun Yoriko is in charge of directing it. Hitomi Akahori, Miyuki Mai, and Ai Kisugi are in charge of producing it. The play’s primary cast consists of:
- The Medicine Seller is Hirofumi Araki.
- Tamaki is Mei Okada.
- Yoshiyuki Sakai is played by Shunya Ohira and Wataru Ohshige.
- Kayo is Yuki Mizuhara.
- Yoshikuni Sakai as Yichi It.
- As Odajima, Atsushi Shiramata.
- Yosuke Nishi portraying Katsuyama
- Sasaoka is Takumi Endou.
- As Sato, Wako Ito.
- as Yoshiaki Sakai, Takehisa Takayama.
- Mizue Sakai is played by Minami Shimbaru.
- Yahei is Tetsuto Nakamura.
- As Mao Sakai, Hina Hatano.
- Additionally, the ensemble performers include G-Rockets’ Risa Kawamura, Yoshimi Hidano, Miyuu Ohashi, and Ayami Suzuki.
The “Bake Neko” narrative arc from the Medicine Seller’s first debut in the 2006 TV anime Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales is adapted in Mononoke “Bakeneko,” according to Discotek Media:
The local druggist is certain that the death of a young samurai bride is the result of the bakeneko, a cat-like creature that stalks each member of the family before showing itself to the frightened townsfolk and bringing to light a long-forgotten scandal.
The performance of Mononoke “Bake Neko” will take place in the HIKOSEN Theater in Taito City, Tokyo, Japan, from February 3–15, 2023.